Don't see color option

A quick learner from Missouri says:
Need to replace this window balance. It has a white tip and measures 25 inches long, 3/8 inches wide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named white tip color
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! It's hard to say what you may have here with this damage. Is this for a tilt window? If it is and the outer tube measures 3/8", I'd recommend the Series 900. Note that you only want to measure the outer tube when it comes to length. 

Since your color tip does not match any of our options, you will need to weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the sash weight chart listed on the store page to determine the appropriate color tip. 

It weighs 16.9 pounds. It had a plastic tube on it before it broke, but measures 3/8 in diameter. It was 25 inches long and it is a tilt window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You may want to check another balance in the window with an intact outer tube. If you measure it, I believe you will come up with 9/16" which is considered 5/8" in the industry. In that case, you would want the S600-25. For a 16.9-pound sash, the red tip would be fine.

It's diameter measurement, correct? Not circumference? If so, with the tube it's 3/8.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tube diameter
Profile picture of Paul

Thanks for confirming! See the S900-25. There is also a chart under the product description that you can refer to when it comes to the tip color. You should be able to use the red, blue, or green since your sash weight falls within all three options.

Hi! I received and replaced the balances but the window falls down with them, so I'm guessing they aren't strong enough (I purchased the red tip). Any recommendations?
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Did you charge the balance enough? We show how to do this in the video below. Let me know if this helps. 

I did. Multiple times. Still falls down.
Profile picture of Paul

I'm afraid we aren't sure why the replacements didn't work. If the diameter is 3/8" then the Series 900 with the red tip should have worked since the sash weight falls within the weight range. At this point, the only thing I can think of is that your original balance isn't the 3/8" S900. The wrong balance in the window can cause it not to function properly as you've described. 

The only other option we have is the Series 600 which measures 9/16" in diameter (considered 5/8" in the trade) but it is ultimately up to you if you'd like to give this size a try. 

Our return policy can be found here

How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.