How to replace the 15-159

A home owner from New York says:
do you have instructions on how to replace the pivot shoe # 15-159? Our Malta windows are in great shape, except for the pivot shoes, which are all cracking and breaking. I hope it is easy to replace?
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! To install the 15-159 Malta Pivot shoe on the string, you'll need a pair of standard pliers as well as a pair of locking pliers. 

You'll use the standard pliers to pull the string down, about one foot. Then you'll need to lock it in place using the locking pliers. This should allow you to change the shoe. Of course make sure that you are securing the string to the shoe tightly so that it does not slip when tension is applied to it from the balance.

Once you've installed the shoe, hold the string with the standard pliers and release the locking pliers. Then gently release the string so that it does not shoot back up into the balance, breaking the shoe.

I hope this helps!

A home owner from New York says:
Thank you for the instructions on how to tie the string to the shoe. My main question is, once the string is on the shoe, how do I get the shoe attached to the window? I am having more and more shoes popping out of the channel, and they are broken. Thanks so much!
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

We do not have exact instructions on how to install the balances once you've attached the shoe, however, the guide called 'How to install a S775 balance' (attached to this thread) may give you an idea on how to install this balance.

The difference would be that the Malta pivot shoe screws into the window frame.

I hope this helps!

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.