Looking for this shoe balancer

A quick learner from Nh says:
Hi I thought I ordered the right one but I didn't. Any way I could be directed to the right one? Also could someone translate this label? Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0917.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear the Certainteed Coil Balance parts did not work out for you. See our Return Policy here. While I can't cross-reference the codes on that label to anything in our records, I believe you have a Simonton window. Some old Simonton windows used a balance system very similar to the Certainteed setup, but we have found the pivot shoe (the 15-192 you purchased) does not fit their windows properly. We've heard some people have got them to fit by sanding down the alignment 'nubs' on the face of the shoe, but if you give this a shot, note that it hasn't worked in every case, and that modified items cannot be returned for refunds. 

Because of this issue, we came up with a substitute for your exact situation. The 15-259 Pivot Shoe will fit your window. This shoe uses Series 159 Coil Balances. There's an entire conversion process that we explain in the video below. Check it out and let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks bob. Trimming off the nubs helped
But the foot wouldn't fit the shoe. I'll have to go your route and get new pivots and springs. After watching the video, will I need to get those window feet too?
Profile picture of Bob

You must be referring to the pivot bar, or the metal pins on the bottom corners of the sash. Yes, if you go the 15-259 route, you'll need to replace the pivot bars with the options discussed in the video. However, since it sounds like you got the 15-192 shoes to fit the jamb track by rubbing down the nubs, there's one other option I think you should try first. See how your old pivot bar compares to our 26-336. This pivot bar was explicitly made by Simonton to be a replacement for an older version, which may be what you have. I did a deep dive of past customer cases who had the same dilemma you have now-some found that using the 26-336 worked with the 15-192; others, however, found it simply did not fit their window properly. It's basically a coin flip if it will work. 

If you want, you could give this a try--if it doesn't work, then going with the 15-192 and Series 159 is your last option. Let me know if that makes sense or if you have further questions!

Alternate image for 26-336
Alternate image for 26-336

I think I got the foot label from a YouTube video lol. But thank you for your help. I'll probably try both options, but will need the window weight for those coils. Does that label tell me the weight within those numbers?
The exact weight is 13.8 and it's not listed for those coils
Profile picture of Bob

Unfortunately, no. The best thing to do is to weigh the window sash the coil springs support. Simply placing it on a bathroom scale should suffice. Give me that exact weight, and I can tell you exactly which Series 159 springs you'll need. 

13.8lbs
Profile picture of Bob

In that case you'd want (4) of the S159-3 3.5 pound coil springs, two for each side of the sash. That would give you 7 pounds of support on either side of the sash, for a total of 14 pounds overall--more than close enough to your sash's weight. For coil supports that work with this setup, see the 15-256. Let me know if you have other questions. 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.