Mortice lock

A home owner from New York says:

Installed in 1982 Anderson 6-foot sliding glass door. Only printing on lock is "ADAMS RITE MFG CO. INDUSTRY CALIF. PATENTED"

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6622.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6621.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6620.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6619.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6623.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Take a look at our 82-263 mortise lock. Carefully compare our dimensions to your original hardware and see if this matches up for what you need.

Alternate image for 82-263
Alternate image for 82-263
My mortice lock matches the measurements shown above> looks like #82-263 will work in my door. I also need the exterior part for this door as I may have damaged it while trying to remove it. the exterior part is shown it the pictures you have.
Profile picture of Emily

For the other parts in your pictures, please see our 82-043 thumb latch along with our 82-316 and 82-317 key locks. Compare our dimensions to yours and see what you think. 

Okay and thanks
Do you have anything similar to these photos? The number on the inside is: 7162 1997148. I'm looking for this exterior lock. The links above don't work for me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6645 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6646 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid we don't carry these exact locks, unfortunately. We recommend our 82-316 and 82-317 as replacements. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

It looks like those options may work for me, but what about the long thin rod pictured in the last images I sent? Is that sold separately?

Also, do you have a return policy?
Profile picture of Emily

The piece you're referring to is what we call a "tail". The tail is just on the thumb lever for the 82-316 and 82-317In the old version of your lock, the tail is coming out of the key, not the thumb lever. Our setup works the opposite way but you won't notice the difference once they're installed. I hope that helps.

You can also view our return policy here.

Can you tell me the difference between the 82-316 and the 82-317, they look identical.
Profile picture of Emily

The 82-316 lock assembly is left handed, while the 82-317 lock assembly is right handed. The handing is determined from the outside looking in. Let me know if that helps!

okay, thanks
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.