Pivot Bar - 8254

A home owner from New York says:
Hello - I need to replace several pivot bars in my house - they appear to be 26-377 based on the 8254 printed on the bar, but hoping you can confirm.

Additionally, I am not familiar with removing rivets - what method would you recommend to remove these?

Finally, from another post I understand that to install I can replace the rivet with a screw - 33-073 - is that correct?

Help much appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2596.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid we can't confirm based on the number alone. We would need to see it removed from the sash and you'd then need to compare the specifications to see if they align with the 26-377

Regarding the rivets, you will likely need to drill them out. The 33-073 screw is a common choice but you may need something longer depending on the length of your old rivets. Just something to keep in mind. 

A home owner from New York says:
Hello. I tried the 26-377 and seems to be a little too wide. Do you have a piece that is a little thinner but otherwise same dimensions.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

The 26-377 pivot bar is the recommended replacement from the manufacturer. I'm afraid there isn't another comparable replacement. Being that the pivot bar is too wide for the sash channel, you could file it down to fit in the sash. However, please note that items altered in this way can't be returned for a refund. Our return policy can be found here

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.