Problem fitting new 39-114L handle onto actuator

A quick learner from U.S.A. says:

The old handle is from an Eagle window made around April 2005. The old handle has a set screw to hold the handle in place. The set screw fits into a recess beyond the splines. The old actuator handle is 11/32", the depth of the 39-114L splines measures the same as the old handle and there is the same number of teeth. The 39-114L handle spline recesses seem to be pointier than the old handle recesses. I think this is why the 39-114Lhandle won't go the whole way onto the actuator. The old handle and actuator seem to have more square-cut teeth. Looking at the pictures of the 39-114handle, along with a different handle shape, and no internal clip, it appears to be more square-cut teeth than the 39-114L but that could be an illusion. The attached pictures hopefully show what I am describing. Is there a handle that fits my windows?

BTW, the covers required a modification to make them work. There is a collar that is supposed to fit over the portion of the actuator that splined shaft comes out of. It doesn't fit but is easily cut away with a Dremel tool. Is there a cover without that collar. (39-107)

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named operator.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named operator 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named operator 1.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't believe your operator has been made in a long time. As such, whatever handle went to it originally likely isn't around anymore. The 39-114L remains our best and only replacement. The same goes for the cover, unfortunately. These are the only two parts that have any hope of fitting on your old style operator.

I'm not sure who else may have the old parts these days. If you can find a local mom and pop kind of hardware store near you, they may still have some in stock. 

It looks like you still sell the 39-114 and its spline sockets look more square. Is there a way to buy one 39-114 to try without paying a huge shipping cost?
Profile picture of Tom

You can place an order for the 39-114 whenever you wish, though this is designed to be interchangeable with the 39-114L. They work on the same operators. Just something to keep in mind.

As for shipping cost, that's not something I can alter for you. All delivery costs are determined by the shipping option you select during checkout.

You were right, the 39-114 did not fit either butI found the source of the problem. The spline fits perfectly in a 11/32" drill bit gauge but the handle needs to have a 3/8" opening. I bought a handle on Amazon (free shipping) and it fits perfectly. Now my wife has decided she wants to stay with folding handles but I do not see any on you site that will work. Our handles seem to be color "stone". If you don't have stone then I would need both handles and covers in an acceptable color. These handles are both right and left handed. Do you have any suggestions?
Profile picture of Tom

3/8" isn't a size we see that often anymore. It's mostly something used on older operators or some awning window operators. Our 39-104 has a 3/8" hole diameter, but color options are limited since it's so old. It could theoretically be painted, though.

I built an auxiliary building 6 years ago and installed Anderson casement windows to match the house. The handles are interchangeable so Anderson is still using 3/8" inch. The 39-104 is not a folding handle though and yes, the colors are limited. How do I return my original purchase minus the handle and cover I modified (returning 19 each)?
Profile picture of Tom

You can return any hardware you haven't altered for a refund. We can't accept a return for any product that you changed in any way, however. You can see more information on our return policy here.

SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.