Replacement wheels Part 1 of 3

A home owner from Des Plaines, IL says:

Hello,

I am starting a project of trying to repair sliding patio doors. I believe the door is original from 1978. The setup is 5 doors, (from outside in) 2 identical plexiglass patio storm doors (pictures attached), 1 screen door, 2 glass doors (1 has never moved). I believe the glass doors also use the same wheels but I have not verified. They are 72 inch high doors (3 feet wide) total 6 feet long track. 

I purchased 1/4 inch 48" replacement track that seems to fit but I have not tried sliding door over it yet (in picture). I will cut to size if I can locate wheels. 

I see you also sell weather stripping and track covers so I am hoping if I can find replacement for these old wheels I might be able to order all parts I need to make life easier. I currently have the outer most door taken apart with the wheels out. 

My biggest concern beyond finding the correct wheel is the upper screw as you can see the in the frame_removed pictures. You can see the where it was threaded, this was removed via vice grips so I am not sure if a screw will go back in. It is worth giving this a try before I replace the whole frame and new doors if you carry the parts. Please let me know.

Thanks

Kevin

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named frame_removed3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named installed1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named frame_removed_1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named frame_removed2.jpg
Replacement wheels Part 2 of 3 - Due to max number of photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named measure2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named installed2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named installed3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named installed4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named measure1.jpg
Replacement wheels Part 3 of 3 - Due to max number of photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named measure3.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Kevin.

Thank you for reaching out to us. This strongly reminds me of the 81-090. However, the dimensions are off from yours. You may want to double check just to be safe. Take a look and let us know what you think. 

Alternate image for 81-090
Alternate image for 81-090

We may be able to help with the weatherstripping but we would need you to remove an undamaged sample and show us a clear photo of the end profile. 

Hi Emily,

I took some more pictures with a ruler. The length is definitely larger than 1 3/4, although I am not sure that would matter if the other measurements are correct. It could be possible that the other measurements are correct and maybe my wheel is too damaged or has too much rust to be accurate. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
Kevin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 50.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 51.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 52.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 54.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

The height and width of the housing, as well as the wheel diameter, are the most important dimensions. I can't promise its functionality but it still may be worth considering. You can find our return policy here just in case!

Thanks Emily, I will give these a try on the first door. If these are not it I may need to do a full replacement. Do you know how often you might get replacement wheels like these?
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid we don't currently have an ETA for when this roller will be back in stock. Supply chains have been backed up across the industry for over a year now. I can only promise you that we're trying to get it back on the shelf as quickly as we possibly can. In the meantime, I recommend you sign up on the 81-090 store page to be automatically notified as soon as this part is back in stock. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.