Sash Cam for balancer needed

A professional from Seattle says:

I am looking for this sash cam for the balancer. is there a way to know what sash cam is compatible with a specific balancer? Thank you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sash Cam for the balancer needed.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for posting. I am confident we can help you, but we need more information to identify this balance properly. Channel balances are most reliably identified by the top and bottom fittings attached to the metal channel. Please send us pictures of these top and bottom attachments on your old balance. The combination your balance uses will tell us its exact identity. 

As far as the Top Sash Guide, many different guides can work with a given balance, since it also depends on the design of your window sash. To best know what sash guide you need, please give us dimensions like sketched out in the example below. These measurements should help us narrow down your options. Many thanks. 

Alternate view of 18-188
Alternate view of 18-188
Alternate view of 18-188
Alternate view of 18-188

A professional from Seattle says:
Hi Bob,

Thank you so much for all that info! You are very helpful I appreciate it. I have got the measurements needed please see attached. Can you identify a match? Thank you again!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, I think I can help with this project. I am familiar with your top sash guide and in my experience the 18-188 won't work. What you have is an old Milgard brand part that's been discontinued for a number of years. We don't sell an exact alternative. You should check to see if this is a Milgard window; if so, then that would confirm it.

The good news is that even though your old part is discontinued, you should be able to use our 18-009 as a replacement. You just have to trim down the edge that sticks out around the top so that it's flush with the body. I use a utility knife, just make sure you wear safety gloves if you decide to go that route.

Lastly, please note that any product altered in this way cannot be returned for a refund. See our return policy here for more information.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.