Top Window guide sash needed

A home owner from Eastvale, CA says:
I ordered the balances from you and they worked great! I now need the window sash guides as they are either broken or missing.

Not sure if I need the 5/8" Top Sash Guide
Product Code: 18-188.

Can you please verify and send me a quote for (6) of them.
Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7916.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7920.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This looks like it could be a Milgard brand window. If so, I'm not sure that our 18-188 is the right part for the job.

Your first step should be to remove the original guide and compare its dimensions to our 18-188. I'll share them below for your review. That will be the determining factor.

Alternate view of 18-188
Alternate view of 18-188

Alternate view of 18-188
Alternate view of 18-188

If I'm right, though, and you do have a Milgard window, then your exact top sash guide is discontinued and no longer made. The good news on that front is that we sell a modern part that works just as well with minor alterations. See our 18-009.

You'll note right away that ours has an extended edge along the top that would interfere with installation, since it would be too big to fit in the space available. But this can be trimmed off with a utility knife; I've done it myself and it works just fine. You should still review the rest of its dimensions, though, to confirm that they're all the same as your original. I have to stress that size is the biggest factor here, so you have to measure your original before you buy anything.

Detail of 18-009
Detail of 18-009

Side view of 18-009
Side view of 18-009

Please also note that if you do go with the 18-009 and decide to cut the top edge off, you need to wear safety gloves. Take it from me. Any product altered in this way would also be ineligible for a refund. You can see more information on that in our return policy.

Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions and I would be happy to assist you.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.