Truth parts to replace my operators

A home owner from California says:
Hello, two of my windows have broken cranks, as shown in the pictures. On one the inner mechanism (removed) looks damaged and won't fit back in and I'm able to use the crank handle to open the window (with difficulty) but it won't close it. On the second window, the inner mechanism and the operator cover are both missing and the crank handle cannot be attached at all. The part number printed on the handle is Truth I2 45054.

I'd appreciate guidance on which parts to purchase for this repair. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Base
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Handle
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Gears
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Handle and spline
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spline
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we'd like to start by seeing a top-down photo of your operator with the window open so that the arms that move the sash are fully visible. Once we can determine the assembly that you have, that will help us confirm which handles and covers would be compatible as well. See the videos related on this page in the meantime. Thank you! 

A home owner from California says:
Hi Casey, here are photos of the two windows open. Thanks for taking a look!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank arms
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank and hinge
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. It looks like your windows use two different types of operators. The first photo resembles the 39-031 and 39-032 but the determining factor will be the length of the shorter link arm shown below compared to yours.

Dimensions for 39-032
Dimensions for 39-032

Your second photo looks like the split arm 39-035 and 39-036. Review the dimensions below to confirm it's a match. 

Dimensions for 39-036
Dimensions for 39-036

We also offer the 36-048 hinge set with a 10" base if needed. These hinges are non-handed and come with a top and bottom hinge. 

Detail of 36-048
Detail of 36-048

A quick learner from Indiana USA says:
update measuremen
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Link arm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator and hinge
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Base
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Gears
Profile picture of Casey

Unforutnately, we are not able to make out exact dimensions from photos but your link arm does look close to 4-7/16". If you notice any discrepancies, feel free to get back to us with your dimensions written out to confirm if a closer match is available.

A home owner from CALIFORNIA says:
Thank you for this info! To clarify, will I need to purchase and install a full new operator in order to get the handles working again? Or do you sell any of these pieces (pictured) which appear to be what is broken/missing on mine?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spline
Profile picture of Casey

Unforutnately, the spline that attaches the operator to the base is not available separately but it is included with our replacement operators. The compatible accessories can be found under the related items section of our product pages.  

A home owner from CALIFORNIA says:
Thanks again for your help! After measuring I believe the first picture I shared is the 39-031 and 39-032 with the 4 7/16" short arm, as you suggested. With the second window (pic attached) it does look very similar to the 39-036, but the arm on ours is actually also about 4 7/16". Can you advise which operator that might be?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Split arms
Profile picture of Casey

Unforutnately, we only carry the 39-036 style operator with the 3-15/16" link arm shown in our product image. You may still be able to use ours as a replacement but adjusting the position of the sash bracket bracket may be necessary to compensate for the arm length difference. We can't make any guarantees but if you decide to give it a try and run into any problems, our return policy can be found here

Dimensions for 39-036
Dimensions for 39-036

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.