Yellow tip balances

A quick learner from Rhode Island says:
Trying to find replacements for the balances pictured. Balance measures 20", have yellow tips and white plastic tube (not pictured).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0612.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0611.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0610.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. This looks like a typical spiral balance. Can you confirm the outer white tube diameter? You don't want to measure just the naked spring shown here. If there's an identical window in the house, you can use that as a reference. 

Thank you for your quick response! The tube measures 7/16" to be exact (see picture).

I will also need pivot shoes (see pictures). The channel is just over 1/2" (hard to get an exact measurement) deep so I am guessing the 1/2" pivot shoes would work.

Please advise.

Thanks again!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2128.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2124.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2125.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

We don't sell a spiral balance with that kind of tube diameter. We only have two options which would be the 3/8" Series 900 or 9/16" Series 600. They don't make any other sizes for this style of balance.

The only 1/2" thick pivot shoe we have is the 15-046 but we recommend you remove yours from the window track and measure the thickness and width to get an accurate measurement. The related video will walk you through the removal process. 

I am guessing I need a 3/8" spiral balance then? It's the closest to the 7/16" and it should work, correct?

I will measure shoe to be more precise and then place my order.
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid we can't promise the 3/8" Series 900 will work for you since the specifications differ but it would be the closest option, yes. You can find our return policy here just in case. 

I definitely need the 15-046 pivot shoe as it is the exact measurement of what I already have. How do i know if I should use the 900 or 600 series balance? The channel measures 5/8" deep. Also the sash weighs 16.5 lbs. Any suggestions?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The Series 600 balance goes with the 15-046 pivot shoe and looking at your photos and the channel being 5/8", I would recommend you go with the S600-20 and the red tip for your 16.5-pound sash.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.