crank and window mounting bracket from jalousie installation circa 1940

A home owner from Grosse Pointe Woods, MI says:

Good morning. I'm restoring the original windows in my new home. Most important part I need is the bracket, which has a broken tab. It's about 5" in length.

Judging by the another set of holes in the frame the crank might not be original. I might need one going forward as I've only started with the first set of windows.

I'm working on the list of eclips, shoulder bolt washers, screws, etc.

Thanks, Michael

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0590.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0591.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0589.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0593.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks Michael. For your hinges, take a look at the 36-014 Set. See if these match what you need. For the Awning Operator, see either the 39-057 & 39-058 Stanley pair, or the 39-410 & 39-411 Ware Cranks. Look over their dimensions and see if you think either set matches what you have.

A home owner from Grosse Pointe Woods, MI says:
Hi Bob -- thanks for the reply. The 36-014 looks like a close fit. Two measurements that would help: Where the window mounts to the hinge there are two guide posts between the screw holes -- how far apart are they? And what is the diameter of the large posts that connect the hinge to the frame and operating rail? Thanks, Michael.
Profile picture of Bob

Hey Michael. I'm away from the warehouse right now due to the ongoing public health crisis, but I'll see to it someone in our warehouse gets these dimensions for you as soon as possible. Thanks for bearing with me.

Profile picture of Bob

Let me know if the dimensions cited below tell you what you need.

alt
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.