1/4" kerf compression weatherstrip needed

Handy Person from USA
Dec 30, 2015 7:52 am
I have a entrance metal entrance door that has kerf compression weatherstrip but the kerf is 1/4" not 1/8". I cannot find any replacement weatherstrip. Do you have any?? Thanks
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Dec 30, 2015 11:55 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Can you show us a few pictures of the kerf in question? That will help us find what you need. Can you also give me more measurements? Finally, make sure your picture can clearly show us the profile (aka cross-section) so that we can make out the shape. Thanks!
Quick Learner
Dec 31, 2015 9:54 am
Attached photo of my 1/4" kerf weatherstripping showing the round part that goes in the kerf. From the round part to the end of the part that touches the door is 1". The width is 5/8". Thickness about 1/8". Thanka
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Jan 5, 2016 11:15 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
I have Peachtree entrance doors at home with weather stripping that looks similar to yours. When I replaced the weather stripping, I could not find one with the larger kerf. What I did was use our 58-169. I nailed it in with small nails, making sure it made contact with the door when it was closed. I did it during the daylight hours so when I installed the 58-169 I could see the daylight and adjust it toward the door until it blocked out any light.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts