1992 Windows - metal starting to bend/windows won't open/shut

Home Owner from Asheville
May 12, 2024 7:12 pm
Hello - unsure who made our windows (4th owner of house) - these are double paned and may be gas filled.

High winds nearly blew out an open windows frame, and realizing many of the mechanisms and seals may have to be replaced in the 20+ window frames after 32 years.

Can you help us identify all the parts that connect the window including the cranks, handles, inside and outside brackets, and top and bottom brackets?

Looks like we have to replace:
- a top and bottom Truth 40664 (is this part of your bracket set?)
- new dual arm operator Truth EntryGard 30841L (need right and lefts - multiple windows)
- stud brackets
- operator track bracket
- Rubber seal mounts

We also have one frame on the window that has water damage - how/where would we get this replaced? Any idea who made this original window?
Left Window - top Truth 40664 bracket Window Crank Mechanism - Truth Window - rotted frame Left Windo Bottom Mechanism - Fully open Left Window Bottom Mechanism - showing part number
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 13, 2024 10:28 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out to us! Your operator resembles our 39-031 EntryGard Dual-Arm Operator (the opposite handed version is part 39-032). These operators are compatible with the 39-107 cover along with the 39-114L non-folding or 39-205 folding crank handles. Another replacement option is the 39-107FK , which is a folding crank and cover kit.

The bracket connecting the link arm to the bottom of the swinging sash is the 39-516 Clip-Stud Bracket; the right handed bracket is the 39-517.

If you are looking to replace the track, you'll need the 39-505.

Dimensions for 39-031
Dimensions for 39-031

The parts you are referring to as brackets at the top and bottom of the window are the hinges. I believe you may be able to use the 36-048 but you'll need to confirm the measurement for the length of your track sill. These hinges can be used for the top and bottom of the window, on the right and left hand side.

Keep in mind, there is a likelihood that the dimensions may not be an exact match and you may need to drill new holes in the frame. Given there is damage to the framing, you should exercise caution so that you don't damage it further. 

You'll need to reach out to a local window repair shop to see what your options might be to repair the framing. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to identify the manufacturer based on the hardware.

Detail of 36-048
Detail of 36-048

Additional dimensions for 36-048
Additional dimensions for 36-048

May 13, 2024 10:59 am
Thank you! Amazingly enough, there are no window frame repair shops here in Asheville, NC - the window installation companies will not perform repairs except on products they install! Every one of them says to reach out to a handyman or GC.

Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 13, 2024 11:34 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm sorry to hear that! Unfortunately, I am not sure of who else you might be able to get to complete those repairs. You'll need to search for window repair companies that might be willing to travel to your area. A local handyman would be a good option, especially if that is what those repair companies are suggesting.

Our sincerest apologies we could not be of more help with this part of your repairs.

May 13, 2024 12:22 pm
you have been very helpful and all the parts are the same size as we currenlty have - just placed an order.

Question: how do we deteermine what kind of gasket/window seal we have? Like to get replacements for all 36 windows....is that sold by the foot/in a roll?

gasket #3 gasket #2 gasket #1
3 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 13, 2024 2:08 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm happy I could be of help! I believe you are looking to replace the bubble seal in the window. If so, I'll just need to see an end profile view of an undamaged piece. It is important to see the shape of the seal and exactly how it inserts into the window.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts