2 Aluminum patio sliding glass door rollers

Quick Learner
Jul 31, 2023 9:09 am
Attached are photos this time of a roller that easily slid out that rest on pin as shown. The remaining assembly if it can be removed is not budging. In the past I've ordered the roller kit but the rollers were too deep and would run only on the outside edge and cut the track since they could put not force on the groove. I also tried removing a shallower roller (that would fit the track) that was mounted on an assembly but the center rivet mount was too small a diameter to even attempt the exchange. This time the failure of the old roller as shown in the photo was the mounting pin had slid to one side and the roller rocked sideways with the weight. Let me know if you need anything else to attempt to get 2 rollers that might work. The bearings in mine are on their last legs. Thanks in advance and I hope these attachments are not too big for your system.
lt2 lt5 lt3 Lt lt4
5 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Aug 1, 2023 8:31 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Based on your photos, take a look at the 81-258S shown below. This roller is held in place with two hooks at the top of the housing that goes into a cut-out in the bottom door rail. I believe if you were to use a slotted screwdriver and pry down the back end of the roller housing, it should disengage from the door. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. 

Dimensions for 81-258S
Dimensions for 81-258S

Alternate view of 81-258S
Alternate view of 81-258S

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts