20E BSI balance

Quick Learner from Mason, MI
May 8, 2023 8:59 pm
My balance is stamped with BSI 20E
It is exactly 1/2 inch square and exactly 20 inches long. I need at least four of these kits
Picture WS1 is the locking terminal.
Doesn't have to be an exact replacement. I just need something that will fit in my window and function correctly.
WS2 WS3 WS4 WS5 WS1
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 10, 2023 10:29 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm afraid I'm not sure what you have here. Can you show us a photo of how this balance connects to the pivot shoe? There should be a type of attachment at the end of the balance's pulley cord. It looks like yours snapped off so you may want to check an undamaged balance to confirm. 

If you need a new pivot shoe, we would need to see an undamaged version removed from the window along with the written-out thickness and width dimensions. 

May 10, 2023 12:37 pm
The balance connects to the pivot shoe through a cord that has a small metal piece attached to secure it in the shoe. The Pivot shoe measures 1 1/4 inch by 1/2 inch.
I have attached photos of each of these items
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 10, 2023 2:03 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

It looks like your photos didn't come through. I'm sorry about that. Could you try re-uploading them for us? 

May 10, 2023 4:15 pm
Sorry - trying again.
WS6 WS7 WS8 WS9
4 user uploaded images
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
May 11, 2023 11:06 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

That is a huge help, thanks! That clip at the end of the cord tells me that you have our S770-20 channel balance. I feel very confident that this will work well in your window and be compatible with your existing hardware.

Please let me know if you had any other questions.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts