24" long channel balances

Home Owner from Clearwater, FL
Apr 3, 2012 2:27 pm
My balances are stamped "23 4 CQ Caldell" and the metal balance is 24" long. I have attached three pictures - one of the stamped info. and one each of the ends of the balances. Can you provide me with replacement balances?

Bob
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
5 Replies
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Apr 4, 2012 1:07 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thanks for posting, Bob! Before we can offer an applicable replacement for your channel balances, we just need to know a bit more information regarding your bottom shoe. Please refer to the chart below and pick out which shoe's measurement most closely matches your own hardware. Keep in mind that while a fraction of an inch difference may not seem like much, it is actually fairly important to your balance's operation. We recommend that you get as exact a measurement as possible.
Diagram on how to choose between the 15-001, 15-002, 15-004, and 15-005 channel balance shoes.
Diagram on how to choose between the 15-001, 15-002, 15-004, and 15-005 channel balance shoes.
Quick Learner from Clearwater, FL
Apr 4, 2012 2:00 pm
My bottom shoe does not have wings and is 1 1/8" long. Therefore, it would appear that I need the 15-001 attachment. Could you tell me how I would go about getting this replacement balance?

Bob
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Apr 4, 2012 2:45 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thank you! With a balance with a winged top attachment and non-winged bottom shoe, you will need S395-24 with the 2340 option.
Quick Learner from Clearwater,
Apr 4, 2012 10:36 pm
Paul,

My top attachment doesn't have wings either. I thought you knew this because you only asked for additional information about my bottom shoe in your original response. Now you're stating that because I have a winged top attachment (which I don't) and a non-winged bottom shoe I need a custom made balance. Please confirm what I need with both top and bottom non-winged.

Bob
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
Apr 5, 2012 8:35 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
I apologize. However, looking at your pictures, it does appear that your top attachment has wings. I can see a plastic tab poking out near the top of your channel. Please take a look at our 19-005, which I believe is what you have. Does this match your existing top attachment? If not, can you perhaps take a few more pictures of the attachment to confirm?
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts