Aama series 300 : non-tilt spiral balance

A home owner from Myrtle Beach, SC says:
I stumbled across your site after one of my condo's metal bedroom windows stopped staying open on it"s own. After watching one of your videos and reading other posts, I still need some more help before ordering. I can't make out the window details completely on the window itself. I'm also not sure how to take the window apart. The video I watched mentioned you had another video on have to take the spiral balance out, but I can't find it, so I can measure properly. It looks like it's a 24" 3/I8 tube, it I want to be sure and can't determine the color. Any assistance you can provide would be great.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! If this is an old metal window, then odds are you can't take it out. A lot of these old windows are specifically designed so that you can't take the balance out in any way, the reason being that they would get a lot more money if you bought an all new window instead of one small part. What they didn't expect is that aluminum windows would fall out of fashion and all those companies would go out of business.

Now, all that aside, it should still be possible to remove your balance, but you'll have to get creative. The first step is to have someone hold the window up for you while you disconnect the balance from the sash at the bottom corners, then unscrew it at the top, and finally do your best to pull it up and out from behind the sash. It may be tricky depending on how much room to have to work with but it is your only hope. Please try your best.

Once the balance is out, show me a clear picture of the bottom tip of the balance tube and spiral rod and we can work from there.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.