Repairing 10 windows. Shoes and Bottom sash clips pretty crunchy. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D0148C1A-27AD-4C5C-8362-8D8237DC047C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BD3E878B-33A8-481C-9F28-F663C97E5339.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 346CEF8A-FC05-44F3-83B3-2DCA0E52C4A1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5DFBDE0B-A4A4-4C0A-A92F-DEDEA482341C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5A662D0C-357B-4F4B-8D0D-784C6E656BC1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! That sash clip appears to match our 17-058. With that in mind, though, your balance will need to be custom made. It looks like a match for our Series 300 at first glance, but the shoe is closer in design to our 15-020.

Does that look right to you? If you were interesting in pursuing this, then I will need just a little more information before we can pull the trigger on a custom order:

• Color of the tip at the end of the tube
  • If no tip is visible, we will instead need the exact weight of the sash
  • Length of the balance tube
  • Confirmation that the tube diameter is 3/8"
  • Confirmation that you need 20 balances altogether

Once we have that data squared away, I can email you a purchase link and price quote that will allow you to purchase these custom made balances directly on our site.

A quick learner from Oklahoma says:

Hello Tom! I was hoping to replace the balance shoe. I noticed you sell rivets and thought I could drill out the old rivets. Would that be possible? My balance have a red end and still seem pretty tight.

Is there a shoe I can rivet on the balance that fits the sash clip you mentioned? Much thanks

Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! If your balance is still in good condition then you could theoretically just replace the shoe with our 15-020. This is what's compatible with the 17-058. We like to use the 62-001 rivet.

I'm not 100% sure that this shoe will fit on your old balance but it could be worth a shot. If you did want to go with the custom order, just let me know! I'm happy to go with that, too.

A quick learner from Oklahoma says:
Thanks Tom. Is the sash clip for both right and left?
If so, I'd like to get the custom order started with 20 of each - maybe a few extra rivets. I also saw you have a rivet tool- would it be helpful?
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, the 17-058 can work for either side of the window. As for the 75-075 rivet tool, that would absolutely be helpful if you don't already have one.

I'd be happy to email you a custom purchase link for 20 of these balances, but I will need you to clear up some of the details I needed back on the 23rd. Right now I need the tip color, tube length, and confirmation that tube diameter is 3/8".

If there is no visible tip, or if the color is too faded to make out, then we will instead need the precise weight of the sash. This will let me determine how the spring needs to be calibrated for you.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.