Anderson 7073

Home Owner from Colorado
Apr 23, 2018 12:53 pm
I am also looking for a replacement for the Anderson 7073. I need a couple of LH and RH setups. The existing window crank arms are only 7 1/2 inches long while yours are quite a bit longer. Any thoughts on if these will still work? Does anyone else have feedback on how these worked for their replacements? If for some reason they don't work, is it possible to return these items?

Thanks so much.
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Apr 24, 2018 10:10 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there- thanks for posting! 

We will need to see some photos of your existing window operator to make our best recommendation. The best photo would be taken from a top down angle with your window open as far as it can go so we can see the entire mechanism. 

Home Owner from Colorado
Apr 24, 2018 4:07 pm
Excellent. Thanks Kara! I've included the photos here. Please let me know what you think would be our best option.

Thank You!
IMG_4028
1 user uploaded images
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 1, 2018 4:49 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there! 

You probably wont have a ton of luck finding an exact match for your operator as this is a pretty old one. 

One possibility is to use our 39-027E and 39-028E operators, along with a new 39-533 track, but this is a BIG maybe. It may still require modification of the sill trim to get it to fit, and even after that it still may not work. 

Another option is to go to a local mom and pop shop in their area who sells Andersen hardware and hope they have some old, old stock lying around. 

Also, if you do go with the two operators I mentioned they'll also need our 39-114L handle. 

Get back to us if you have any questions! 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts