Anderson patio door latch.

Contractor from Rosemount, MN
May 2, 2024 10:02 am
I need to replace a worn patio door latch. Inscription on door latch has AW (Anderson Windows) logo. The screws that hold the latch to the door are 2-1/2 inches apart. The handle that locks or unlocks the latch is loose, so I'm not sure which part is defective. Maybe best to replace the parts in the photo. I don't need the "receiver" parts that the door latches onto. There are no screws or cover plates for the latch on the OUTSIDE of the sliding glass patio door.

Not sure this will help, but the etching at the bottom of the door is:

CTG Tempered
16CFR 1201 ii
SCCC-1805 5/32U
door latch 1 door latch 2
2 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
May 6, 2024 9:57 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello, thank you for posting,

Please start by reviewing the style of the 82-043 thumb latch along with the 82-037 deadlock assembly. Compare dimensions to your original to confirm a good fit!

If you are not sure if the internal locking mechanism is broken as well, I recommend removing the thumb latch and using a slotted screw driver to try to through the locking hook to confirm it works.

Let us know what you think and if you have any additional questions. 

Contractor from Rosemount, MN
May 6, 2024 1:13 pm
Thanks for the tips. Turns out, I needed to order both. Got that done. Appreciate the response. Have a great day.
Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO
May 6, 2024 1:50 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

No problem! Happy we could assist with your repair. Please let us know if you have any future hardware questions. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts