Awning Arm Operator

A from Portland, OR says:
We are working on rehabilitating the historic wood awning windows at a high school in Portland.
Do you have an awning arm operator with a limiter to replace the existing operator arms and metal stop, which is blowing out the jamb (see attached photos - this occurs on both sides of the windows.

Thank you, Caitlin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awinging Operator.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awinging Operator stop.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure if we have a part that serves the same function you describe. That said, take a look at the heavy duty hinges we carry like the 36-025HD, 36-028HD, and 36-026HD. See if you could get one of these to help you on your project.photos.

A professional from Portland, OR says:
Thank you.
Is it possible to adjust the arms so they don't open as far (i.e. 20 degrees, instead of 45)?

Thank you,
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Giving your question another thought. I believe you could drill a hole into the track at the degree you want and install a screw and possibly a washer to act as a stop. That way, you might be able to still use your existing hinge. Just make sure to use a long enough screw so that it will hold securely into the hinge track. You don't want it to be loose and come out defeating it's purpose as a stop.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.