BSI Replacement balance and tilt lock shoes

A home owner from Utah says:

I am looking to replace both the window balance and the tilt lock shoes that match up with these. 

The windows are a double pane, double hung vinyl window that could be the original windows from when the house was built in 1994. I don't know the history of them. This window measures 47" x 47" for the full frame. 

The markings that I can read on the balance are "20H" "B.S.I." and what looks to be a small "PV". The balance measures 20" in length and uses a hanger at the top end to attach to the windows sill. In my sill is an opening in which the hangers hook into. 

The shoes are a tilt lock type, measuring 2"H x 1-1/4"W x 1/2"D. That counts for the plastic piece, but the metal locking mechanism does protrude out from the plastic about 1/16". 

I would have submitted a picture of the show outside of the sill, but I will need to cut it to remove first and wasn't ready to take that step until I knew I could get replacement parts. Please let me know what additional details I can include to help further identify my parts.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can replace this balance, but it will have to be a special order. This is basically going to be our Series 770 channel balance but with the top screw plug taken out so that we can install a rivet in the top hole. Then you can use your old S clip to install it in the window.

Before we begin, can you confirm the weight of your sash? Based on your stamp of 20H, it should be anywhere from 34 through 37 pounds. I just want to be sure.

Finally, how many of these did you need? Once I know that, I'll email you an order link and price quote for that quantity. 

Oh, I almost forgot: the pivot shoe. We don't have your exact type, but it's similar to our 15-129. This is 1-1/4" wide by 9/16" thick. Could you use this as a replacement?

A home owner from Utah says:
For the weight of the window, 34 - 37 pounds is correct. I will need 4 of the channel balance. I just took a measurement for the shoes the model you referenced should work. I would need 4 of the shoes. Would it be possible to get replacement 'S' clips as well? At least one was damaged in the process of trying to remove the balances.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great, thanks! I'll email you an order link for 4 of these balances right now. The shoes and S-clips are sold separately, so don't forget to add them to your cart, too. The clip in question looks like our short 19-029.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.