Balance 8 23A

Quick Learner from Venice FL
Jan 30, 2023 2:46 pm
Hello
My balance is stamped with 8 23A part. I need the top tabs for this or if the whole unit isnt too expensive I would be interested in puchasing the whole channel with spring, cord, and top and bottom plastic tabs. I also need the stop tabs on the top of the lower windows. Due to the sunshine, many of them have broken due to the brittleness of the plastic and the balance has come completely thru. I don't have a photo of the tabs yet.
balance balance 2
2 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Jan 31, 2023 3:14 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for reaching out.

I recommend carefully reviewing and comparing part S800-24 with a 23A stamp. To confirm that this is the correct replacement double check that your top and bottom attachments match those on the balance.

Regarding the stop tabs, I believe you are referring to our top sash guides. I am confident we can recommend a replacement, however there are a few that are compatible with the S800 channel balances. I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged part to make an accurate recommendation.

Quick Learner from Venice FL
Feb 1, 2023 6:20 pm

Hello! I got a couple photos of the sash guides. My best guess at the replacement is the 18-044. Thank you!

73B5A4AF-525E-4418-B8BB-4FBF98895560 369269E6-C1DC-4967-963A-774FB9A00B0A
2 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Feb 2, 2023 9:01 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Yes, that does look like our 18-044! Although, we don't typically see these used with S800 balances so I would be sure to double check the measurements before making your purchase. However, I am confident that is the correct replacement.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts