Balance 8 23A

A quick learner from Venice FL says:
Hello
My balance is stamped with 8 23A part. I need the top tabs for this or if the whole unit isnt too expensive I would be interested in puchasing the whole channel with spring, cord, and top and bottom plastic tabs. I also need the stop tabs on the top of the lower windows. Due to the sunshine, many of them have broken due to the brittleness of the plastic and the balance has come completely thru. I don't have a photo of the tabs yet.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance 2.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out.

I recommend carefully reviewing and comparing part S800-24 with a 23A stamp. To confirm that this is the correct replacement double check that your top and bottom attachments match those on the balance.

Regarding the stop tabs, I believe you are referring to our top sash guides. I am confident we can recommend a replacement, however there are a few that are compatible with the S800 channel balances. I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged part to make an accurate recommendation.

A quick learner from Venice FL says:

Hello! I got a couple photos of the sash guides. My best guess at the replacement is the 18-044. Thank you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 73B5A4AF-525E-4418-B8BB-4FBF98895560.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 369269E6-C1DC-4967-963A-774FB9A00B0A.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Yes, that does look like our 18-044! Although, we don't typically see these used with S800 balances so I would be sure to double check the measurements before making your purchase. However, I am confident that is the correct replacement.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.