Balance Tubes Needed for 19820-1985 Marvin Model ARB Double Hung Window

A quick learner from USA says:
Your rep thought these windows look like tilt window balances, but I don't think so. I think the windows are too old to tilt. What do you think?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yep, that's a tilt window alright. Just an older style. Specifically, the balance appears to be a match for our Series 751 ribbed channel balance. Take a look and see what you think!
A contractor from Smithtown NY says:
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your response. Can you please tell me what I have to do to "tilt" out the lower sash so I can remove the sash to get to the balance tubes so I can identify if your 751 ribbed channel balance will work. The old timers at Marvin don't even think that this is a Marvin window after all. Thank you very much. -John
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There's not really any trick to it, these are just pressure fit. You just have to pull the sash in. These windows aren't made much anymore for this reason: they can be a pain to deal with. Just make sure the sash is raised a few inches before you tilt it in.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.