Balance replacement

A quick learner from USA says:

Hi Folks.....this is a picture of a model S-795 balancer that belongs on a Jeld Wen single hung window. The customer was tilting the window in to wash it and the balancer blew out, the metal channel kinked and parts went flying every where. Regardless of what they did to it, I need to get it replaced. I do not think that i need two of these as the windows are new and i do not believe that the window has been open a half a dozen times....but....I will go with your recommendation......these are large windows and the Jeld Wen tech had to make a service call to install larger balancers as the windows would not stay up....however they have been working perfectly with the properly weight rated balancers. Can you help me out with a series 34E that I cannot find on line? I see the weight ratings go A thru D....were these custom made? No matter.Please advise.

In my mind the balancer did not fail because the window was too heavy for it....if it failed it was due to operator (customer) error...and a tech from Jeld Wen addressed the not staying open problem ( window weight ) with an upgraded E series balancer from you....look....all I need is a 34" E balancer or balancers from you per my pictures and previous explanation....I am more than happy to pay for it or a pair if needed. Let's get this done please. Mark Jobin/Jobin Construction

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9921.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 34E
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I believe that we can supply a Series 795 with a 34E stamp, but it will have to be a custom order since it's not a stock product. Before we go any further, I'd like to confirm a few more details first. Custom orders can't be returned for a refund so I want to be 100% sure we get you what you need.

First, can you confirm the width of the T lock shoe? The two options available are 1-1/4" wide and 1" wide. Yours looks to be a bit on the smaller side but it's hard to eyeball.

Can you also confirm how the balance installs in the track at the top? It should be with either a screw or a hook.

Lastly, how many did you need altogether?

As for why the balance failed, it could be for any number of reasons. Maybe the customer was a little too rough with it, maybe it was just too old, or maybe it was a little of both. Age is the #1 cause for balance failure and based on your description I don't really see anything that would contradict that.

Either way, it's easy enough to confirm whether or not the spring strength is the issue. A pair of 34E balances are rated to carry 32 through 34 pounds, together. As long as the sash falls within that range then you should be A-OK sticking with that same stamp.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.