Balance and pivot replacement.

A home owner from Avon, IN says:
I need to replace 2 inverted balances. They are 35? long and have 15-197 terminal on them. I can not locate a pivot pin that looks like mine. The right side pin (looking from the inside) is broken. I?ve attached pictures of the left side pin and markings on the balances. Oddly, 3 of the 4 balances on this double hung window have the same markings, but one is different. 3 are marked DB K02 34 HD. One is marked DB I03 34 HD. The odd one and one other need to be replaced. The window is a double hung clad Windsor Window. What do you suggest?

Thanks,

Matt
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 81EFB725-6C0C-4557-9726-7E98EACB7516.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A42D7427-B4D4-4432-BC0B-A44D99853725.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C91E6E2E-F96F-47C2-A82D-E88F89D86DFB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 51FFECE0-81B9-4950-824F-5060D170D43C.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Matt. First off, the closest match we have to your pivot bars is our 26-150. Weathershield changes their parts pretty often, so it's hard to get exact matches. Take a look, compare the dimensions to your old pivot bars, and see if these will work for you.

Now as far as your balances go, we can replace these for you, but it will need to be a custom order so we can attach the 15-197 shoe to the balance for you. To answer your question about the stamp code, ultimately the most important part of the code is 34HD, which designates a balance calibrated for a window sash that weighs between 24 through 29 lbs. Out of curiosity, did the two balances you're replacing come from the same sash, or did each one come from separate sets, i.e. from the lower and upper sashes of this double-hung window? Keep in mind that if the balances are from different sashes, it may be wise to replace all four balances; when one balance goes, the other in the set usually isn't far behind. 

You will shortly receive an email with a custom link to order a pair of the S751-35 Channel Balances with a stamp option of 34HD and a 15-197 Shoe Attached. Let us know if you have any questions. If you need a different amount, let us know and we'll send you an updated link. Many thanks.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.