Bathroom Stall Door Lock Hardware

A contractor from Manassas, Virginia says:
The boys at this school managed to lose this part, It may have fallen in the door. Or it could have been tossed. In any event I am looking for a replacement and have no information on who manufactured the stalls. I am hoping there is some standard, but have no idea. Both stalls in this one bathroom are missing this part. The snip is from your video Its the first picture I saw online of one after looking for the part for several hours.

What is its proper name and where can I get them?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Seton,BathroomStallHardwareNeeded.PNG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We carry a ton of different stall door latches. I can't tell whether yours is standard or not, but I can at least point you in the right direction. Start with our 10-556, 10-557, or 10-560. We have others, as well, which you can see on this pageIf you have an old one handy, you can use that for comparison. That way you can find the best set for the job.

I'm shocked that the boys at this school were able to get these knobs off the door. You aren't supposed to get them off without drilling! I'm actually a little impressed.

I guess I didn't make myself clear The part I need is the one that's in the picture The slide that holds the door closed after you rotate the knobs with the part numbers you listed. I have all the parts that you listed I don't have the part that holds the door closed.
Profile picture of Tom

Could you be referring to our 10-563 concealed door latch? Take a look and let us know. If this is still not correct, please get back to us with a few more photos showing the specific part you're mentioning.

Here is what I have. I don't know how the parts came out of the door. It appears the edge slides into where the door pin extends to latch the door. The corners are welded and as far as I can see to get this apart I have to break the welds. Is it possible to get the concealed door parts through the lock hole? It doesn't look physically possible.

So how did they come out without someone intentionally breaking them apart?

Is there a way to get the parts back in the door through the hole? If so what parts are needed.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200229_132716.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200229_132809.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200229_132836.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200229_132915.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I understand. I'm sorry for the confusion. 

In my experience, it's very, very difficult to disassemble a stall door that has been welded shut. I'm not sure why manufacturers do this; I guess they thought you'd never have to replace anything if it broke.

Please give us a little more time. There's a potential solution we're looking into, but we don't have confirmation yet. I'll get back to you ASAP once I have something.

Thank you I'll wait to hear from you
Profile picture of Tom

So, we do have one suggestion that won't involve tearing apart a welded door. This would be our 10-401 or 10-402, which are surface mount type latch kits. These just wrap around the edge of the door and function independent of any internal lock mechanism, which means they can work on just about any kind of stall. I know it's not as ideal as replacing the internal latch itself, but that may not be possible without an obscene amount of work. Look them over and let me know what you think.

How to install the 10-556 lavatory knob assembly.
How to install the 10-556 lavatory knob assembly.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to use the 10-402 Outswing Partition Latch Repair Kit
How to use the 10-402 Outswing Partition Latch Repair Kit
GUIDE
READ >
How to use the 10-401 inswing partition latch repair kit
How to use the 10-401 inswing partition latch repair kit
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.