Bathroom glass block venting window arm hinge

Quick Learner from Northbrook, IL
Aug 24, 2023 5:52 pm

Hello,

After going through the questions and answers, I am confident I need the 8" four-bar hinge, Left hand, standard duty, Product Code: 36-020. When reading the description of the hinge it reads that the hinge does not have a left and right. This hinge is non-handed hinge. This hinge can be used in either left handed or right handed applications. 

I thought I was slightly intelligent, but I dont know how a hinge(As seen in the online picture) could be a left or a right. Could you explain how a hinge with pressed pins at the joints that cant be pulled apart, could be rebuilt as a right hinge? Are the two long arms the same size and the window pane and window jamb arms can be reversed? That is the only thing I can come up with. If this is the case, What is the pressed fitting at the left end of the horizontal arm in the hinge picture. Thank you, R.C.

Arm hinge picture08242023 Arm hinge JPEG Hinge to be replaced08242023
3 user uploaded images
2 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Aug 25, 2023 9:52 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. The 36-020 doesn't pull apart. Instead, the pivot arms fold out with a 180-degree angle. In other words, when the hinge is totally folded in the "closed" position, it can then be unfolded in either direction equally.

Quick Learner from Northbrook, IL
Aug 25, 2023 11:38 am
Cool.
That makes sense.
Thank you,
R.C.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts