Bay window crank replacement

Handy Person from Largo, FL
May 8, 2024 8:41 am
I have a condo with an odd Bay Window that has a RH Crank (PATENT NO. 198202 us) that the teeth on the inside seem to be stripped.

Also the arms on each window mechanism that opens and
Closes the windows are all cracked and broken. I'm not entirely sure what they are called. Could you help me find and order these parts.
IMG_0349 IMG_0348 IMG_0356 IMG_0355
4 user uploaded images
2 Replies
Handy Person from Largo, FL
May 8, 2024 10:12 am
Can't find what these retaining clips are? They attach at end of the arm and secures the window to the entire mechanism. It's riveted but there has to be something I can do to retro fit a clip
IMG_0353 IMG_0356
2 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 9, 2024 10:57 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for writing in! I'm sorry to say I would not be able to identify the awning window operator you need based on the patent number. Unfortunately, there are a few different operators that populate in our database when searching it. That said, I'll need to see a clear photo of the back of the operator, from a front profile view; it is important to see the placement of the installation holes. I'll also need to see a photo of the link arm.

In regard to the window lock on the side of the window, unfortunately, we would not be able to supply you with a replacement for the metal attachments. The plastic piece looks very similar to the 39-538 Nylon Cam Lock Pair, this is typically used along with the 39-537 Lock Assembly Pair. I would also suggest taking a look at the 39-539 Anderson Vent Hinge Pair.

Alternate image for 39-537
Alternate image for 39-537

Alternate image for 39-538
Alternate image for 39-538

Alternate image for 39-539
Alternate image for 39-539

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts