Bifold pin caps don't fit track

A home owner from Sterling, VA says:
I received my order and am having some trouble I hope you can advise me on. The parts fit the doors but the plastic caps don't fit inside the rails. We measured the diameter of the caps so I felt confident that this order would work, but it's not. I've attached a few photos showing the difference. The old caps are just shy of 7/16" (due to long wear) and the new caps are actually almost 1/2" (slightly more than 7/16") as you can see. What is the solution, different caps or buy and install new rails?4). I purchased 21-066, Bifold Door Top Pivot and Guide Pin, Cromwell and
21-043, Bi-fold Door Pin Assembly
User submitted photos of bi-fold door pins.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It actually looks like you have an old Benchmark door that uses 21-044 guide pins. If you want, you can just buy the 21-100 caps and switch them onto the pins you already have. How's that sound?
A quick learner from virginia says:
Thank you Paul. Just ordered the 21-100 caps. You guys are a life saver! These doors in our house are a custom floor-ceiling size so replacing the whole doors is a bigger project than we wanted to take on. Thank you for still selling the replacement hardware and having such fantastic customer support!
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.