Broken Pivot Lock Shoe and Window Latch

Handy Person from Maryland
Apr 29, 2024 11:13 am
I have a 2008 NV Homes townhouse with 2 identical Patriot windows in which the right-hand side pivot lock shoe broke. The latch on one of the windows is also broken. Would any of your pivot shoes and latches work for me? I also included photos of the 2 ends of the sash balance in case that helps. Thanks.
IMG_0457 IMG_0458 IMG_0459 IMG_0462 IMG_0463
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Apr 30, 2024 3:51 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! We do have a T-Lock balance shoe that will work in place of your existing hardware; although, it would not be compatible with your existing channel balance. Your balance has a grove in the bottom of them that will prevent the shoe from being installed to the channel. That said, you'll need to replace the entire assembly.

I'm happy to get an order link made up for the replacement balances but since yours have a hook attached to the top of them, the replacements would need to be a custom assembly. There is an order minimum of (2) balances per custom assembly.

In regard to the tilt latch, I believe you may be able to replace your existing latches with either the 26-393A or the 26-393B tilt latch pairs. While they appear to be similar, there are some notable differences between them. To determine if either of these would be a fit for your repairs, take a look over the diagram below and compare their dimensions and design.

If the are not a match, I'll need to see a photo of the side profile of your existing latches. I'll also need to know the written dimensions. Unfortunately, it is hard to read accurate dimensions from photos of the measuring tape.

Dimensions for 26-393A
Dimensions for 26-393A

Dimensions for 26-393B
Dimensions for 26-393B

Alternate view of 26-393B
Alternate view of 26-393B

Apr 30, 2024 5:28 pm
Thanks for your quick reply, Jasmine. I attached more views of the latch with measurements, including a photo of an unbroken one. My latch has a rounded end rather than the squared off end of yours. Although that probably doesn't matter, does it? It also looks like there are a couple of measurement differences. The overall length of my latch is 2 5/8 " whereas yours is 2 3/8 ". The length of the triangular catch on mine is 5/16" whereas yours is 11/32". Do you think these differences are a problem?

If you think the latch pair 26-393A will work, I'd like to order one pair.

I would also like to order 4 custom T-Lock and balance assemblies.

Bill
IMG_0467 IMG_0466 IMG_0465 IMG_0469
4 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 1, 2024 10:33 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for the photos and measurements. The 26-393A would not work, since it has a shorter length than your existing latches have. 

I believe a better fit for this tilt latch would be the 26-243 and 26-244. The bottom of the latch has a 9/16" width, like yours. Be sure to double check and compare the dimensions shown below to confirm.

This is the closest match we have to your existing latches.

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243

Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243

I've forwarded a link with a quote for (2) of the requested balances; this link is only for the custom balances. You'll need to remember to add both the latches and the 15-194 to your online cart along with the balances to have them ship on the same order.

The balances will come with the 1-1/4" 15-195 shoe assembled on the bottom of them, however they are fairly easy to remove so that the shoe can be replaced with the 1" shoe. Take a look at the video tutorial, tagged below, for an idea on how to swap them out.

May 1, 2024 11:43 am
Many thanks for your help, Jasmine. I placed my order.
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 1, 2024 12:54 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

I'm happy to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any future hardware repair projects you might have.

Have a great day!

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts