Broken Tilt Lock

A professional from Tacoma Washington says:
'V Brown pic 2' shows the shattered tilt lock. Pictures 'pic 4 and pic 5' show the intact tilt lock from the other side of the same window. 'pic 1' is a sketch showing the measured dimensions, and 'pic 2' shows the '28 Kd' stamped onto the long part.

At a minimum, I need to replace one tilt lock, or one complete balance assembly. I have several windows with the same mechanisms, and would like sufficient information to order more parts, and possiby also plastic extrusions as the need arises.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The detailed diagram of your part is actually known as a balance knife lock shoe, our 15-014. These are used with our Series 751 balance. I see that the stamping on your balance has a "28" on there. May we have the metal length measurement of your balance? 

A professional from Tacoma Washington says:
Thank you for your reply.
I have found two more broken knife lock shoes, and other wear and minor damage. Pretty good overall, considering 26 years of operation!!!

The length of the long rolled part is 28 15/16 (28.94) inches. I would like to replace two complete sets of balances (2 complete sets of upper and lower windows). The upper balances have long hooks at the top, and the lower ones short hooks.

The (vinyl?) plastic extrusions are close to 62.6" at the outside (longer) edge and, if possible, I would like to replace both sets also.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! I would bet our 29" long balance will work for you. That would make sense with your stamp of "28," except your stamp is also missing the letters meant to go after it. I know, I know, it does have the letters "Kd" but I don't think these are that important. I'd wager that's just a manufacturing stamp.

I would look at our S751-29 channel balance. I think this is what you need. However you will need to weigh your sash on a scale to confirm the best option. You can see a chart on the S751-29 store page that tells you how much weight each balance can support.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.