Broken casement window lock

A quick learner from Flushing NY says:
The lock is broken and I cannot even open the window. How do I get the window open and what part(s) do I need to replace it. I assume it's an Anderson casement window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DB65D744-D063-4860-BB62-5FA20DB16539.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7611151A-00A4-4954-95CC-E0452088BD82.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We actually have a video on how you can fix this issue. I recommend watching it, this should be of help to you. 

Once the lock is removed, we need a clear picture of it out of the window and without obstruction so that we can recommend a match.

I could not get it out - I watched the video but unlike the video there does not appear to be anything inside that I can push up or down- the mechanism seems to have fallen out. What should I do?
Profile picture of Tom

In that case this could be somewhat of a big project. You could try to slip a putty knife between the frame and sash to manually throw the lock, but this isn't possible on all windows. If that fails then your only remaining option is to cut the lock off the frame, which is a hassle (to say the least). In that scenario I absolutely recommend contacting a local professional to come out and handle it for you. That's not an easy project at all.

I hired a professional and he got it off - attached are pictures- can you please help identify the replacement part?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5BD68FBB-783B-40D6-A204-0FE4E99D2C7F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B0228CEB-3390-4B00-A6F3-7164A8BC953F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F36F35DF-A799-4B4A-81FC-DC02752BEBC2.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for removing the lock, I know that had to be some trouble. Unfortunately the lock you're showing me is lacking the arm, which is the most important detail. For now I think your lock is similar to our 38-091 and 38-092, but without seeing that arm I cannot confirm. You could also have our 38-099 or 38-100, or others. Start with these at least and see what you think.

Here is the arm on the lock next to it
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 87FC801D-BD6C-4B7E-8C49-4CA83D7B0C7D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 716E5961-C490-4A3B-B391-603FC9A7470A.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

That's not the arm I mean. I'm talking about the locking arm, the piece of the assembly that physically goes into the frame and interacts with the tie bar. If you look at the products that I linked you two in my last response you'll see what I mean. 

How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.