Broken casement window operator and handle

Home Owner from Chatham, IL
Apr 27, 2016 6:18 pm
Most of my windows, now ten years old, have a casement window operator handle (crank) that is stripped out of its sleeve from the operator. Is this model (see photo) still available or is there a possible replacement? The operator is 4.5" wide and the outside sill attachment plate is 3.75" wide. The crank handle has a part number of 35-7810 stamped on it.
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
1 Replies
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
May 2, 2016 9:47 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Good morning! Hopefully I can help you out. I see this problem all the time for this old operator. There are a couple options, depending on what you want to do.

The first is probably the simplest, if not the most elegant. I have known some customers to use masking tape or even glue to keep the old handle in the operator. This is a reasonable solution if the window isn't used much, or if you need a repair ASAP.

If you want a more reliable solution, you could consider our 39-226 folding handle. This has a 5/16" pro drive hex, which I believe is the same as what you have now. However, this may not work if the hole in the operator is stripped out. In that case, you may want to consider replacing the whole setup with our 39-220 operator and 39-205 handle. Your exact style of operator actually isn't made anymore; manufacturers seem to be moving away from having "female" operators and "male" handles.

Let me know what you think of these recommendations, or if you have any other questions.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts