Broken latch

A quick learner from TN says:
One is broken and the picture shown is the good one. There is no identification info found anywhere either for the latch or for the door/window. Seems for this latch the left hand and right hand are the same. Please help. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Storm window latches like this are becoming harder and harder to come by these days. You could start by looking at our 91-022 and 91-023, but it will depend entirely on size. Look over the dimensions we show for these products and let me know if yours differ in any way, and exactly how.

Thanks a lot for reply. You are right that the major problem is size. The length of 91-022/91-023 is about 1/2 inch shorter than the one I have. Will it be ok?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Overall length isn't super important, since you basically have the whole run of the track to work with. The other dimensions like height and thickness, and even placement of the front tab, will make more of an impact.

I'll check it out carefully. Thank you again.
How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.