Caldwell balance - 22 3 IQ CALDWELL

Quick Learner from Washinton State
Apr 17, 2011 7:35 am
I need to replace a pair of channel balances for an aluminum non-tilt single-hung window. The metal length is 23". The code stamped on the current balance is: "22 3 IQ CALDWELL"

This is the 1/2" channel. The bottom shoe measures 1 1/16" across the bottom and has ears that protrude from the channel. The top also has ears and measures 1 1/4" from the bottom of the ear to the top. I don't see one that exactly matches Would you please take a look and help me determine what I need
User submitted photo of their 22 3 IQ Caldwell channel balance.
1 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Apr 18, 2011 9:36 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Good Morning,

You possibly have the Series 380 channel balance. I cannot be sure though because I am little confused on what you measured on the attachments and it is hard to tell the height from your pictures.

The Series 380 is made up of the 19-005 top and the 15-005 shoe. Click on each of those links and look at the close up product picture and compare it to your balance attachments. If they both match, then the S380 channel balance is what you need.

If it is indeed the S380 channel balance you will need the S380-23.

I believe you will need the stamp option 2230 - which is for window sashes that weigh between 18 through 23 pounds. You can remove the sash from the window and weigh it on something as simple as a bathroom scale to be sure about the weight.

If your attachments do not match the S380 attachments, please submit a couple more pictures of each attachment for us to look at.

Also, remember that if you are replacing support balances for more than one window... you will need to check the balance in each window. They could be different styles and they will definitely have different channel and strength sizes for different sized windows.

I know this is a lot of information, I hope I did not confuse you. If I did confuse you, please let me know and I will try to clear it up :)
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts