Can't find Pivot bar replacement

A quick learner from Pittsburgh, PA says:
I'm looking for some replacement pivot bars. Couldn't find any match on your site. Windows are double hung vinyl replacements. 9 years old. Not 100% sure of manufacturer. Possibly Atrium Windows (or Thermal Industries), based on AAMA sticker manufacturer code. Or possibly American Craftsman or Silverline.

Bar is about 2 7/8" long. 5/16" wide. Length of nub at the end is 9/16" and is offset from rest of bar by about 1/8" The vertical part is about 11/16" tall. Screw hole center is about 5/8" from the nearest end.
User submitted photos of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon! Thanks for posting. We have a couple pivot bars that could possibly work. Take a look at our 26-336, or maybe our 26-327. Could you use either of these? If you aren't sure, could we possibly see a few pictures of your pivot shoe?
Thank you for the prompt response!

I'm attaching pics of the pivot shoe and the hole in the window where the pivot bar goes.

The pivot shoe I have looks an awful lot like 15-046, although getting dimensions while it was still in the window track was tough.

26-336 won't work for me because the end that goes in the shoe is all wrong.

26-327 is shorter than my bar and the screw holes don't seem to line up. Would drilling a new hole in the window be okay? And would a shorter bar be able to support the weight? Also, I can't tell if the end that goes in the pivot shoe is long enough. It also seems to be a smidge narrower (1/4" vs. 5/16" on mine).

I hope this info helps!

Alfred
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Looking at your pivot shoe, I think that perhaps our 26-336 Simonton Pivot Bar would be a good place to start. Let me know what you think.
My concerns are that the 26-336 is longer overall than my bar, and the side that sticks out of the window and goes in the pivot shoe is a little longer too, so would that be an issue? Also the end is a different shape. My pivot shore has a tab or something on it that fits in the groove of the pivot bar. The 336 lacks that groove, so wouldn't that mean replacing the pivot shore as well? (something I'm hoping to avoid if possible)
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience.

We are currently working on a new part that could work as a replacement to your original pivot bar. We will post an update as soon as the part is online and available for you to view.

Mike,

That's awesome! This is really amazing customer service!

If you need more precise details or measurements of my pivot bar, please let me know. I know my pictures aren't necessarily the best.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Please take a look at our new 26-403 and see if this is the replacement you need!
That looks like it might work! I'm going to order some and see how it hours.
And I just want to say how amazed I am with your customer service.I have had quite an ordeal trying to get my windows fixed and dealing with companies that would not go that extra mile. Your company has gone above and beyond what I expected. I work in the customer service industry and know how important and difficult it is to provide excellent customer service and your company seems to have figured out how to do it right. You can bet I will keep you in mind the next time I or someone I know had need of the kind of parts you provide. It's been great dealing with you. Thank you again!
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thank you so much for your kind words! We pride ourselves on helping out our customers to the best of our ability, and I am glad we were able to help you with your project. Please don't hesitate to contact us again for any future questions.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.