Casement hinge hardware - truth 31858

Quick Learner from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Jan 28, 2024 2:38 pm
My window hinge hardware has a broken stud, which I have temporarily replaced with a screw, window manufacturer no longer carries that particular brand, was wondering if you have this hardware available.

Thanks in advance

Rick
image0000011 image0000001 image0000011
3 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Jan 28, 2024 4:15 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey Rick. I believe you're referring to the window hinge. If so, see if our 36-004-10 10" Hinge Set matches what you have. This replacement is stainless steel so you should be able to avoid the rust that seems to have befallen the old hinge. Take a look and let me know what you think.

DImensions for 36-004-10
DImensions for 36-004-10

Quick Learner from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Jan 29, 2024 10:37 am
Thanks for the quick reply Bob. Yeah, the hinge is the piece that's broken (I should have been more clear). Will your check dimensions with what I have.

Not sure if it makes a difference, my existing hinge hardware does not open to the full 90 degree range, your's does, any concern there?

Thanks again

Rick
Bob
Bob from SWISCO
Jan 30, 2024 3:08 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Great! Let me know if our size differs from yours in any way. To be transparent, the dimensions you should be most concerned with is the length of the base track (10", in our case). The precise hole placement and arm lengths will very likely differ from your original. In my experience, you'll sometimes get lucky and have those holes line up with the existing screws, but in a lot of other cases drilling new holes is necessary. Just something to keep in mind. As long as you replace both the top and bottom at the same time you'll be okay. You never want to mix old and new hinge assemblies.

As for the range of movement, that'll be fine. Odds are your hinge would have the full 90 degree movement but is limited by the operator. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts