Casement operator

Contractor from Minnesota
Apr 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Hello guys, Would you happen to carry this one? It doesn't look like Anderson. It's from 1970

Thank you
Roman

30554E2A-B18D-4431-9176-BD42919531C1
1 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 17, 2018 8:48 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey, Roman. I think I recognize this operator, but it's hard to tell from your photo. I only see the base, and it's still a little blurry. Would you be able to remove the operator from the window and show me a clear picture of the complete mechanism by itself? That would be a huge help, thank you!

Apr 17, 2018 9:04 am

Hello Tom,

I asked customer the same thing after he send me this photo but he didn't folow trough.

Any guess for the future reference?

I'm sure I will ran into this again.

Thank you.

Roman TheGlassGuru.

Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 19, 2018 3:16 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Ha! Story of my life, Roman. I think I can throw a couple parts at you to consider in the meantime. 

Going by that screw in the base of the operator, I feel confident claiming that this is an older style casement operator similar to the kind Truth hardware makes. I've made a list of potential replacement options on this page that you can consider. I think these install on the sill the same way, but I can't speak for the style or size of the arm, especially the wheel bearing at the end of the arm. Those will be important factors when it comes to determining a replacement.

Apr 19, 2018 4:06 pm
Hello Tom,
Thank you so much for your help again.
Customer just showed up and wants to get this going. Need 4 of them. Please see more pics that he send me. Hope it helps
5EF6DB56-CE8C-4002-985F-0CFAF120F6AE 181A02D1-BE10-4C85-B6FF-CB7200833E2C
2 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 24, 2018 9:48 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for getting back to us! Seeing the arm and the base plate is a huge help. I am confident that the operators I listed before are a good way to go, though without knowing the length of the arm or seeing the bearing at the end of it I can't really narrow it down further. It looks like the arm might be on the long side, so I'm leaning towards our 39-014, but you will have to measure the arm to confirm. I also strongly recommend confirming that the wheel bearing at the end of the arm is the same style.

There is also a chance you may need to alter the cutout in the sill trim for these to install properly. That may not be necessary, but the longer I look at the old operator the more I think that might be something that comes up. Just something to keep in mind.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts