Channel Balance replacement tilt window

A quick learner from NJ says:

Hi,

I need to replace the channel balances but don't see an exact match. The size is 20 inches length, 1/2 wide, 1/2 depth. They are screwed directly into the window frame at the top. I sent several photos from different angles.

I should add there are no markings or numbers anywhere. And here is a photo of one installed in a window.  

Thanks for your help.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0531 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0530.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0529.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0528.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0532.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I am confident that we have a balance replacement that will work for you, however, I will need a bit more information.

To start, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance. I'm assuming this may be a tilt window so there is likely an attachment connected to the bottom of the window. I'll need to see all of the parts associated with the balance to make the best possible recommendation.

Also, since there are no stamps on the balance, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of your window. This will help to determine the weight range your balances should carry once we've identified the correct series.

A quick learner from NJ says:
Hi, thanks for this information.
The channels I"m replacing are for the lower sash which weighs 12.5 pounds.
The channel looks exactly like the Series 765, just without the lower metal clip. The channel balance is screwed into the window frame.
The hook connects to the pivot shoe.

Here are a few more photos.
Thank you.
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. We did once sell a balance made exactly like your existing hardware. However, while similar our S765 will not work as a replacement because it is technically upside down compared to your original. It is also not compatible with the shoe you would need for your window.

I recommend our S770-20 Channel balance with a 20B stamp. This should work well as a suitable replacement. These balances are compatible with the type of shoe you have in the window. Take a look at our 15-210 and compare the measurements to yours. Although, I am confident these are the replacement shoes you'd need.

Alternate image for 15-210
Alternate image for 15-210

Alternate view of 15-210
Alternate view of 15-210

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.