Channel Shoe Replacement

A home owner from Lake Wylie, SC says:

Hi,

Our windows were new in 2008 (manufacturer unknown) and many of the channel shoes have broken at the end that hooks into the channel track.

It looked like your 15-194 channel shoe would work but it just doesn't quite fit. The channel balances all seem in good condition (no rust, cords all seem fine) so I am hoping I don't need to replace those as well.

Hopefully, from the attached pictures you can identify what I need.

Thanks,

Don 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window9.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window8.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window2.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, our 1" wide t-lock shoe is not compatible with the grooved metal channel shown in your photos. Our S795 channel balance would work as replacements but you would need to replace both sides and swap out the 15-195 t-lock shoes that come with our stock balances with the 15-194 shoes that you purchased. Please note that our balances use a screw tab at the end of the pulley cord. 

If yours uses a hook like the 15-198, we'll need to know how many balances you need and the stamp code on your metal channel to have them custom-made for you. Thank you! 

Thanks for the info. I will take an inventory of my windows and get back to you with the channel sizes and quantities.

Hi,

I took an inventory of the windows with broken channel shoes. Here is a list of the channel sizes, along with the appropriate shoes (15-194):

16 - 34B

12 - 32B

8 - 28C

2 - 20A

I have included pictures of the 34B, 32B and 20A channels. The 28C looks exactly the same but I hadn't removed that one.

As you can see, my channels have a hook on the end.

I'm not sure if there is a significant price premium for the custom channels with clips. If so, would be possible to use the non-custom screw tabs and simply screw them into the vinyl window just below the existing holes?

Thanks for all your help. Please send me a price quote or let me know if you need any additional information.

Best Regards,

Don 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2343.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2344.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2345.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Thanks for getting back to us. We'd be happy to supply these through a custom order but there would be a bit of an upcharge to have the appropriate fittings attached to the stock S795 channel. With that being said, it would also be possible to use our stock balances, along with the 26-200 screw plug and 15-194 t-lock shoes, by following the videos below. Keep in mind that you would need to ensure that the cutout that your original balance hooks attach to is square as shown in our video for this to work. Take a look and let us know which route you would prefer. Thank you!
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding. As you can see by the attached photo, our windows do not have square cutouts so we will have to go with the custom clips. Please provide me with a quote and we will proceed from there.

Thanks for your patience,

Don
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Screw.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

No problem. We just sent over order links and price quotes for each of the balances that you requested. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.