Channel balancer for Milgard non tilt window.

A home owner from Seattle, WA says:
I need some help choosing the correct balancer. I've come to think the model and size bellow is the correct one. Looking for conformation.

22" Series 385 Channel Balance, option 2110

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C807BFC1-2E0B-49D5-BC3B-8C7D4EB49CE7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D83B6DCA-A73F-4A11-8805-AE880CC989ED.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7BECD917-E614-48B4-BFB7-24775239AE4F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F025DC3A-5F9C-4217-BF0E-4E45BC794484.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7FB0DA15-E99F-4C89-9F40-E5A04863BF3F.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Your balance could either be our S385-22 or S380-22. You will need to measure the bottom shoe to confirm which is the better match. That's the only difference between them so measuring your shoe depth should tell you right away which is better.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

A home owner from Seattle, WA says:
Thank you for your response. After measuring the shoe I've determined that the S380 is the correct one. I will make a comment on the measurement of the length. I'm ordering the 23". Milgard seems to measure the inside of the channel, between the shoes, which is 22". The outside, full length of the metal channel, measures 23". After talking to Milgard they are no longer making the 22" but have a 23". I think they changed the way they are measuring.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

All channel balances in this industry are measured by the metal channel alone. I don't know of anyone who includes the nylon fittings. I cannot speak for what Milgard does, but it would be very strange if they started measuring nylon fittings. That is not just going against the industry standard, it's also inaccurate; nylon fittings change in shape and style from Series to Series, but the metal channels are all pretty reliably sized. That's why it's done that way.

Either way, we always measure our channel balances using the metal channel only. Additionally, if yours is 22" then a 23" will not work. You need to stick with the size you have.

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.