Coil balance won't go onto the coil support

A quick learner from Camden, NJ says:
I am trying to get a coil balance to go onto the coil support. I purchased 4 of each and had no problems with 3. Could either the coil balance or the coil support be the wrong size.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231003_123138.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this setup. Looking at your second photo here, it looks like all the hardware is correct. I'm not sure what the issue may be.

You said that the coil attached to the shoe without issue on 3 of the 4 assemblies you purchased. Can you specify exactly what's different for this fourth balance? At what step are you running into problems? Right now, I don't see any reason why these shouldn't work.

A quick learner from Camden, NJ says:
Thank you for your help with this matter but it has been resolved. After speaking with you I realized I was doing it wrong. Again thank you for you suppot.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're very welcome! Please feel free to reach out if we can be of any further assistance.

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.