Difference between 23-222C and 23-222B

A home owner from Iowa says:
Hi,
What is the difference between (what does fixed mean)?
23-222C and 23-222B Fixed
Thank you
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Good question. The manufacturer of these rollers, Stanley, likes to upgrade them every few years. There were several iteration of these rollers before the 23-222B. To be honest, it's not entirely clear why they keep updating these rollers, but we do our best to keep up, and in our opinion the 23-222C is the best and most versatile of the lot, so it's what we usually recommend even though we keep stock of the 23-222B as a backup option. 

A home owner from Iowa says:
Thank you very much.
A home owner from Miami, Florida says:
Just to be clear, you say that both the 23-222B and 23-222C are the best replacements for the Stanley discontinued Top Roller guide, but you didn't explain why you recommend the C over the B other than the C costs more than the B?
Are they the same size as the Stanley 00-5024 which is what I have in my doors? Can't you just replace the cracked rollers instead of the whole part?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Stanley 00-5024.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that the wheels themselves are not sold separately. These are only available as a complete unit.

As for why we recommend the 23-222C over the 23-222B, it's simply because it performs better. It's a newer model that the manufacturer made explicitly to replace the 23-222B. The 23-222B is still a viable option, however, even if it doesn't work quite as well as the 23-222CIt's up to you which one you'd rather go with.

A home owner from Lebanon,Tn. says:
Do I need to replace top & bottom rollers ? #23-22C & #23-041.Replacing Stanley #00-5024 on stanley mirrored closet doors.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

As long as your existing rollers are in good condition, you should be fine reusing them. However if the one side failed then odds are that the other side isn't far behind; it's probably a good idea to replace the top and bottom at the same time, just in case.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.