Glazing bead for old windows ( External grids)

Quick Learner from Colorado
May 8, 2024 9:42 am
Can you help identify this glazing bead and if you have it, please provide price and availability. I would need 1000 LF
Profile Drawing glazing J Jones window Glazing Picture J Jones
2 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 9, 2024 2:33 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello! The design and size of your glazing bead very closely matches our 55-006. This may be what you need, but review its dimensions and see what you think.

This product is sold in 3' lengths, but we also have the 55-006-6, which is the same product but cut in 6' lengths. All orders can be placed directly on our site at your convenience. 

Profile view of 55-006
Profile view of 55-006

Quick Learner from Colorado
May 21, 2024 10:44 am
Although this profile look "Similar" there is a step transition required from the bottom of the short landing to the bottom of the longer side as shown in the profile pictures I sent. Would you have that profile?
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 22, 2024 8:43 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

I think I see what you mean. We don't have anything made that way, unfortunately, but to be honest I think that's just the result of your original shape being compressed from what it was originally. You could get the same step down by pushing on the long leg of the 55-006, and after so many years stuck in the same position, it would probably get stuck that way. That's a pretty common occurrence for older glazing bead.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts