Hard to identify without taking it out of window

Contractor from Brunswick, Maine
Jan 17, 2011 9:14 am
I have a no brand vinyl window and through my research, so far I am coming with the following: It has a spiral balance 24" long, appears to be 1/2 - 9/16 diameter and a red tip. The pivot shoe is hard for me to tell without taking it out of the window, but it has a light blue pivot. Am I OK to assume that it can only be the S600-24 spiral balance and the 15-015 pivot shoe?
1 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Jan 17, 2011 11:30 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Thank you for submitting your questions to us.

You're right in saying it is difficult to identify the correct balance and pivot shoe replacement without actually removing it from the window. We recommend all of our customers remove the hardware from the window to gather information needed to find the correct replacement parts.

To answer your question about the spiral balance; yes, the Series 600 spiral balance measures 5/8" in width. When measuring the length, be sure only to measure the length of the metal part of the balance, and not the tip.

If you do manage to remove the pivot shoe, you can send us photos. Be sure to include dimensions along with your submission.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts