Hardware for 1957 sliding closet doors

Quick Learner
Apr 30, 2024 11:10 am

When I measured the hardware the roller assembly seems to have a 7/8 in diameter concave wheel and one seems to be between a fourth and a half inch offset and the other one appears to be 1/8 inch offset. I took a picture of the track and as you can tell it's had many years of paint slapped on it. 

The doors worked perfectly until the film company decided to cram extra stuff behind them and that's when all heck broke loose. The extra padding in the carpeting that they put down also has caused an issue and trying to reinstall the doors. I also believe the bedroom is giving me so much trouble with the doors maybe where they pumped in extremely cold air while they were filming inside.

For all I know the doors may be slightly warped by now and I'll need to check that out too. I am going to reinstall the original track and try to see if I can make the doors work with the original hardware but right now it's been difficult going. Thank you very much!

closet door roller closet door roller closet door track closet door track
4 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Paul
Paul from SWISCO
May 2, 2024 11:07 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I suggest a new complete sliding door set like the 23-500, 23-501, or 23-502. You may also want the 23-221 carpet riser which is sold separately. Have a look at the specifications and see what you think. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts