Help with Simonton replacement parts

Quick Learner from North Carolina, USA
Oct 11, 2023 11:55 am
Looking for correct replacement balancer assembly as pictured, i realize the Simonton parts are obsolete, hoping you guys have a direct replacement. Really hoping to just unscrew the old and put in a new, not looking to rebuild or reconstruct anything. Can NOT find a "weight code" stamped anywhere, the "clear" picture of the unbroken assembly shows that there are no visible codes on any of our windows. Also included a pic of the tag at the top of the window if that helps, doesnt mean anything to me and the installer is long gone. My balancers have 2 mounting screws, the ones I've seen on your site only have 1? Thanks in advance for any help.
20231011_113051 20231011_112932 20231011_113023 20231010_183548
4 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 12, 2023 9:54 am
SWISCO
EXPERT
Hello,
Take a look at the conversion video shown below for Simonton windows that use the type of coil balance assembly shown in your photos. Review the full process below and let us know if you have any questions. Thanks for posting! 
Quick Learner from North Carolina, USA
Oct 12, 2023 10:42 am
So, my questions after watching the video are the same, do you have a direct replacement for what we have, ours appears to have 2 coils, not 1 like in the video. What all do i need? Are there part numbers for replacing all of my broken pieces or do you have a full assembled unit tgat will work?
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Oct 12, 2023 10:48 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Our conversion video does show all of the parts that you will need to convert your window to use our recommended coil balance replacement parts. Unforutnately, they are not available as one piece. As for the coil springs, it doesn't matter if you use one or two on each side as long as they support the weight of the window sash. You would need to weigh your window sash and divide the weight by the number of coils used on each side, four in your case, to choose the corresponding strength options for the S159 coil springs. Feel free to get back to us with your sash weight and we'd be happy to recommend specific coil springs for your repair. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts