Help with Stanek Parts

A quick learner from Florida says:
Good morning,

I am trying to find replacement balancers for these stanek windows. If possible the other parts as well.

Thank you!

Jim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image5.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Jim.

Thanks for reaching out to us! Since your balances install with a screw tab, you can use the S795-26 but you'll need to swap out its T-lock shoe for the 15-224 which is sold separately. The video below will demonstrate how to pop these parts off and on. As for what spring strength to select for your balance, I recommend the 26D option based on the stamp printed on the metal channel. 

We also sell the 15-216 pivot shoe and 26-376 pivot bar (sold separately). I know your original pivot bar differs from ours but this would be our best option. Look over the specifications for these parts and see what you think. 

Hi Emily,

This is great, can you help me see if you have these locking mechanisms for the upper part of the window as well and I will order it all at the same time. They lock the windows in place, they have a spring inside.

Thank you,

Jim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1170 Large.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1172 Large.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1173 Large.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

It appears the locking mechanism is missing in these photos. I'd be happy to see if that's something we can help with but I would need to see photos of the mechanism in question to confirm. 

Hi,

Sorry, please see the attached latch on a window that is working.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1375 Large.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid I still can't tell what you have from this photo. Can you remove an undamaged lock and show us some photos? 

Hi,

I purchased all the parts needed to repair my window, I was able to remove the old balancers by cutting on the top part, and was able to install the new T-Lock however cannot get the balancers to stay connected inside the vinyl jam, the balancers are too wide to get in there at the top, could be done further down however just a little too wide, do you recommend the expanders to do this, I was going to purchase but didn't want to spend that kind of $ if they will not help spread the jamb to insert the shoes attached to the balancer spring.

Please see pictures.

Thank you,
Jim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2294.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2295.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble, Jim. I think I may know the issue here but I'm going to run this past one of our senior experts to see what he thinks. We will reach back out as soon as possible.

Thank you! 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Regarding the internal tilt latch, you can start by taking a look at the 26-132P. I can't be certaint without seeing it removed from the window but it is a place to start.

In regards to installing the balances in the track, I believe you first drop in the pivot shoe with the center cam turned away from you, so the pivot shoe is loose in the track. Then, place one balance through the track opening, then the other, hook the balances to the shoe, raise the twin balances, and screw them at the top. Place a slot head screwdriver back into the center cam, bring the pivot shoe down about 12", and turn the cam facing up to lock in place. Now install your sash.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will give that a try!
Profile picture of Emily

Let us know how you make out or if you had any other questions! 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.